Rover 2850: 2-port USB 1.1 Extender, 85m, Cat5e, USB bus power (PS not required)
- Reliable operation with most USB devices (USB 1.1 web cameras and hubs, SMART Boards and Promethean ActivBoards
- Remote extender supplies up to 400mA to USB devices
- Full-speed (12 Mbps) or low-speed (1.5 Mbps) USB devices
- Range: 85 meters for most low-power HID USB devices (up to 40m for all USB devices)
- ESD and EFT immunity for industrial environments
- ExtremeUSB® features transparent USB extension, true plug-&-play; no software drivers required; Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
- USB bus powered - power supply not required
The USB Rover®2850, 2-port USB extender, extends USB 1.1 connections beyond the desktop up to 85* meters without external power adapters. It is ideal for extending USB peripherals - keyboards, mice, game controllers and interactive whiteboards including all SMART Boards and Promethean ActivBoards. No additional software is required for computer nor target devices. USB bus powered - power supply is not required.
USB Rover 1850 is composed of two separate units: Local Extender (LEX) and Remote Extender (REX). Conventional USB cables are used to connect the LEX unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the REX unit. Standard solid core Ethernet Cat 5e/6/7 cabling connects the LEX and REX units over a distance of up to 85 meters (279 ft).
* Up to 40m for all USB devices; 85 meters is achievable for most low powered HID USB devices.