4-port Industrial Ethernet Serial Server - (2) RJ45, (4) DB9 RS-232/422/485
- Add serial devices as nodes to Ethernet network
- Configure, monitor and make upgrades remotely
- Data rate: up to 230.4 kbps
- -40 to +80 C° wide operating temperature
- Panel or DIN rail mountable (adapters included)
- 10-48 VDC power (power supply required, not included, sold separately
- UL Class 1/Division 2, NEMA TS2, Shock/Vibration
Model VESR424D Ethernet to Serial Server connects serial devices (RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485) to Ethernet networks, allowing the serial device to become a node on the network.
Serial ports can be accessed over a LAN/WAN using Direct IP Mode, Virtual COM Port, or Paired Mode connections. Model BB-VESR424D serial server features 10BaseT or 100BaseTX copper network media and an additional copper Ethernet pass-through port.
Rugged, Industrial Design - This Class 1/Division 2 and NEMA TS2 serial server is built for use in industrial and transportation environments with a heavy-duty metal enclosure that is panel or DIN rail mountable. It operates from a range of DC power supply voltages and features a pluggable terminal block power connector as well as a locking barrel connector to facilitate redundant power sources. An external power supply is required (not included, sold separately).
Ease of Use - Configuration, upgrades and monitoring are easy tasks using the Vlinx™ Manager software. It installs on your PC giving you access to the serial server via your desktop. Remotely manage the serial server over a LAN or WAN via the built-in web server and a web browser – helpful for off-site troubleshooting.